Every strong business is backed by a strong marketing plan which involves strategic and effective advertising methods. A good entrepreneur will choose the best avenues that can give the biggest return of investments. one of the identified ways on how to reach more audience is the creation of an email address list to whom you can send out information on your company’s product offers and services. Every marketing campaign needs a complete and robust email list so you can reach the right target market. This is where bulk or mass mailing software will be really useful. However, this will require you to shed out a significant amount of money.
cPanel allows you to get this service for free. You can send out an email blast to your list, no matter how many address are on the list. This cPanel application is very easy and quick to install.
Here is a step by step process on how to set up your bulk email:
Formatting your email list
1. Open Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet application and create a new file in the program
2. Enter email addresses in the first column of the spreadsheet. Enter one email address per row or line in the spreadsheet.
3. Click “File,” then “Save” on the spreadsheet application toolbar. In the “Save As” drop-down list box, click and select “Comma Separated Values” or “.CSV.” Enter a name for the address lists in the “File Name” field, select a folder in which to save the email list and then click “Save.”
Installing PHPList in cPanel
1. Open your Web browser and navigate to the sign-in page for your Web hosting account cPanel. Log in to cPanel with your administrator username and password.
2. Click the “Fantastico,” “SimpleScripts” or “Softaculous” link in the control panel. One of these links should appear under the Software and Services area of the cPanel control panel. A new tab or window for the one-click installer utility opens in the Web browser.
3. Scroll down through the list of applications in the one-click installer window and highlight PHPList. After you highlight PHPList, an Install or Setup button appears in the right pane of the window. Enter an administrator username and password in the corresponding field of the PHPList setup window, and then click the “Install” or “Setup” button. Wait a few seconds for the one-click installer to install and configure PHPList on your Web server.
Creating Mass Emailer Account
1. Click “Email Accounts” in the Mail section of the cPanel control panel.
2. Enter a new email address that will appear as the sender for the bulk emails you want to send on the Email Accounts page. Enter a password and confirm it and the corresponding fields.
3. Click and enable the “Unlimited” Mailbox Quota option and then click the “Create Account” button.
4. Click the “Home” icon at the top of the Email Accounts page to return to the main cPanel control panel.