7/10/2014 – How to Install and Set Up ClientExec
Posted by Jamison on 10 07 2014.
If you are running a web hosting service and want to be able to connect with your clients in the most convenient way possible you should go for ClientExec. ClientExec can help you manage and support your client base when it comes to communication, support requests and even billing.
ClientExec has numerous advantages like ease of use, customizability and reliability. It can be accessed from any web browser you are using. There is no better tool with which to manage your client base. It is also compatible with the highly popular cPanel.
The latest version, ClientExec 5.0.1. released just last month has, improvements and tweaks to its existing features. It also has several new ones.
ClientExec is also easy to get and install if you have cPanel; just follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Request for a ClientExec license by opening up a support ticket within the Account Manager and request for a ClientExec license. Their staff should work on getting your license activated right away.
- Once your ClientExec account has been licensed the staff will provide you with a link to download the software.
- Step 2: Download the software (usually saved in the form of a zip file) to the corresponding folder.
- Step 3: Log in to cPanel and click on the “File Manager icon”.
- Step 4: In the File Manager folder click the “Upload” icon. After you press this button the ClientExec zip file should begin uploading. A box in the lower right hand corner will alert you when the process is complete. Close this tab after it has been uploaded.
- Once the upload is complete the ClienExec zip file should be visible in the list.
- Step 5: Click on the file and then click the “Extract” button in the menu above to start the extraction.
- Step 6: Rename the folder by selecting the ClientExec folder and choosing “Rename” to change the name of your billing system.
- Step 7: Create a database for ClientExec. Start by going back to cPanel and click on the MySQL Database Wizard.
- Step 8: Choose “Create a database” and enter a new name, then hit “Next Step”
- Step 9: Create a database user and set a password. You can make your own or use the handy Password Generator. Click the “Create User” button when you are done.
- Step 10: Assign database privileges. The current options are Alter, Create Routine, Create View, Drop, Index, Lock Tables, Select, Trigger, Create, Create temporary Tables, Delete, Execute, Insert, References, Show View and Update. You can choose any or all just by clicking the “All Privileges” box above.
- Click the “Next Step” button.
- Step 11: Open your web browser and access the domain and folder where you uploaded ClientExec. Accept the license agreement and click “Continue”.
- Step 12: The next window will ask for data on admin information. Enter your email address and password. Click “Continue” after you have finished filling up the fields.
And you have just finished installing ClientExec!
When it comes to maximizing how you can communicate with your client base go for ClientExec. There is no other tool like it in the Internet.