6/25/2015 – Common Key Names When Adding cPanel Plugins
Posted by Jamison on 25 06 2015.
Before a user can add cPanel plugins, it is a must that the version of the cPanel and WHM is first checked. This is because version 11.42 or earlier requires manual addition of the items to the dynamicui files. These files are where information for each icon appearing in the cPanel Home interface is found. When manually adding plugins, they will only be made available via the x3 theme.
How to Manually Add Dynamicui Entries
For users who would like to manually add dynamicui entries, the steps to be followed are different from those followed by users of cPanel and WHM version 11.44 or greater. The following are the steps on how to manually add plugins directly to dynamicUI files:
- Create group dynamicui file entries (can be one or more).
- Create icon dynamicui file entries (can be one or more).
- Add these file entries to the correct group’s drynamicui_prefix.conf file. For example, when writing file entries for a group to be named “Support”, the drynamicui_prefix.conf file should appear like this: /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/dynamicui/dynamicui_support.conf file.
- All image files for icons should be saved in the directory /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/theme/branding/ directory. Since this guide is for x3 theme users, the directory “theme” should be replaced with “x3”. All files for icons should be using any of the following formats: .jpg, .png, or .gif. The number of pixels should be 32×32.
- Execute the command: “/usr/local/cpanel/bin/rebuild_sprites” so that the sprite map of the cPanel interface will be rebuilt.
When Adding Groups
The following data are required to be entered when adding groups to the cPanel interface:
- Groupdesc. This refers to the name itself of the group. The string value or valid cPanel variable that will be used, for example, “Support”, will be displayed in the cPanel interface.
- Group. This string value refers to the group name. When entering individual icon entries, it follows this data name: group_prefix. An example is “support_menu”.
- Grouporder. This integer value sets the order of the group in the cPanel interface. The value that will be set will determine the order in which the group will be displayed.
- Description. Another string value, the description should be a value or a valid cPanel variable that will be used to describe the group in the cPanel Branding Editor interface.
When Adding Icons
When cPanel users add icons to their interface, the following data should be used:
- Item. This is how the item will be displayed in the interface, as it refers to the name itself of the item. It is either a string value or a valid cPanel variable.
- Item order. This integer is to be used as a representation of the order in how the item will be displayed.
- Group. This is the group for the icons where the item will appear. When adding a group, the prefix “group_” should be used before entering a valid group name. An example is “group_pref”.
- URL. This pertains to the location the item is linked to. An example is “http://support.domain.net”.
- Description. This is how the item will be described in the cPanel’s Branding Editor interface. It should either be comprised of a string value or a valid cPanel variable.