4/08/2015 – How to Create a New Folder and Create and Upload Files in the File Manager
Posted by Jamison on 08 04 2015.
Having cluttered files in your server is nothing but a pain in the head. Especially if you are looking for a particular file and you are in dire need to find it real fast, but you can’t—it’s just awful. Good thing cPanel offers avant-garde File Manager that allows you manage your site using HTML. Here are how-to’s on how to create a new folder and create and upload files in the File Manager.
How to create a new folder
- Go to the area wherein you want to make a new folder.
- Click the Create New Folder button.
- Type in the name of the new folder in the text box located upper left corner of your screen.
- Click the Create button and a new folder with its name should appear in the main display area and that’s it.
How to create a new file
If you want to create a file such as HTML, PHP, AND TXT, you can do so with File Manager; however, this just won’t do with binary files. Making text files is plain easy when you do it online especially with the help of File Manager. Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the area where you want to create a new file and then click the Create New File button.
- Type the name of the file that you want to create and enter the file extension of the file, which you can locate in the upper right corner of the screen. For example you want to create a file for a Per script, the file extension should be written as script.pl and not just script.
- In the dropdown list just below the text box, select which file you want to use. Below are brief information you may want to know for each of file provided in the list:
- For Text and HTML documents there is no text added to the file.
- If you choose to create files for Perl or Shell scripts, all files will automatically be redirected to the Perl or Shell immediately. Thus, you should recheck what path you have entered to avoid mishaps with whatever you are doing in your server.
- Click the Create button and a new file should appear in the main display field.
How to upload files
Uploading files in the File Manager is pretty straightforward as well. Follow these steps below to do so:
- Go to the area or folder wherein you want to upload files.
- Click the Upload icon and then click on the Choose File or Browse button.
- Search for the file that you want to upload and then double click it to start uploading.
- Repeat the same instructions to each of the file that you need in your website.
- If you want to replace existing files with new ones, click the Overwrite existing files box. However, you can only do this if the files are of the same name. And that’s it.
With File Manager, you can also download files from your server to your computer with the use of Download option. You can also delete or rename existing files.