10/28/2014 – cPanel’s Bulk Email Options
Posted by Jamison on 28 10 2014.
There are a lot of options that are readily available for marketers and entrepreneurs. You can go from traditional to the more advanced ones such as using digital resources in reaching more people. Every marketing initiative requires a good amount of investment that will either bring incremental results to your business or will pull you down. You have to be smart in choosing which strategy will work best for you.
A selection of advertising and marketing methods may be really overwhelming, as you want to get everything that you need to arm your business with all the public mileage that you can get. But you should realize that any plan or any campaign will not work without letting people know what you have in store for them. This is where you need a complete mail list so you can reach and tap a bigger market.
Most entrepreneurs use the bulk or mass mailing software where they can send an email and blast it to everyone on the list. This is a smart but a pretty big investment. However, if you are working with cPanel, top cloud hosting provider, you can get this bulk email service feature. You can create a list for your email blast and you will surely have guaranteed ROI for your business.
The next thing you should do is set up your bulk email using the following steps:
How to format your email list?
- Open Microsoft Excel or another spreadsheet application. You need this to create a new file in the program.
- Enter email addresses in the first column of the spreadsheet. Enter one email address per row or line in the spreadsheet.
- Click “File,” then “Save” on the spreadsheet application toolbar. In the “Save As” drop-down list box, click and select “Comma Separated Values” or “.CSV.” Enter a name for the address lists in the “File Name” field, select a folder in which to save the email list and then click “Save.”
Installing PHPList in cPanel
- Open your Web browser and navigate to the sign-in page for your Web hosting account cPanel. Log in to cPanel with your administrator username and password.
- Click the “Fantastico,” “SimpleScripts” or “Softaculous” link in the control panel. One of these links should appear under the Software and Services area of the cPanel control panel. A new tab or window for the one-click installer utility opens in the Web browser.
- Scroll down through the list of applications in the one-click installer window and highlight PHPList. After you highlight PHPList, an Install or Setup button appears in the right pane of the window. Enter an administrator username and password in the corresponding field of the PHPList setup window, and then click the “Install” or “Setup” button. Wait a few seconds for the one-click installer to install and configure PHPList on your Web server.
After successfully installing the PHPList, you need to create the actual mass emailer account from where you intend to send the bulk email.
Creating Mass Emailer Account
- Click “Email Accounts” in the Mail section of the cPanel control panel.
- Enter a new email address that will appear as the sender for the bulk emails you want to send on the Email Accounts page. Enter a password and confirm it and the corresponding fields.
- Click and enable the “Unlimited” Mailbox Quota option and then click the “Create Account” button.
- Click the “Home” icon at the top of the Email Accounts page to return to the main cPanel control panel.